Skip to content
- Do not let anyone into the house while you’re home alone. When you get home lock the doors and don’t open any windows. If you get home and your door is open or a window is broken, go to a trusted neighbor’s home and call 911 for help.
- If someone is at your door, do not open it. Use a side window or peephole to look outside. Remember, if the police or fire department is at your door, they will be in uniform.
- Use the caller ID and don’t answer the phone for people you don’t know. Never tell anyone your home alone, if someone asks for your mom or dad tell them they are busy and take a message.
- If there is an emergency, call 911, but also know important numbers like your parents’ and neighbors’ that can help you. If you see something is wrong outside, stay inside and call for help.
- Don’t cook any food or use any appliances without a parent’s permission.
- If you think an intruder is in your house, hide and call 911 for help.