Skip to content
- Always ride with a friend and let an adult know where you are going.
- Check your bike to make sure the tires are inflated and the brakes are working. Put reflectors on the front and back of your bike.
- Wear your safety helmet and pads for protection.
- If you ride on the street, keep to the right and follow all traffic signs.
- Be on the lookout for traffic, yield to vehicles and signal when turning.
- Use the crosswalks and yield to pedestrians. If you have to cross at an intersection, look both ways and walk your bike to the other side.
- Stay alert and watch out for hazards.
- When you park your bike, make sure you lock it up. Register your bike and serial number with the police department.